While the vast majority of large, enterprise businesses have already integrated a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, many small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have yet to take advantage of this powerful tool.
SAP is the undisputed leader in ERP solutions and has recently turned its focus towards more cloud-based systems, as well as ERP products that specifically cater to the needs of SMBs.
An integrated ERP system allows you to capture all your data in a shared database and manage all your business processes – such as inventory, order management, accounting, HR, sales, CRM, etc. – in one centralized, accessible location. An ERP can streamline processes, automate tasks, and seamlessly connect various functions in your business, which can save you time, money and resources, letting you focus on what you do best.
And while ERP software can be deployed either on-premise or in the Cloud, cloud-based ERP systems have a number of advantages that can be especially important for SMBs like yours.
1. Reduced maintenance and hardware costs – A traditional on-premise ERP requires some heavy lifting from your IT department. You’ll need to dedicate server space and hardware to the system and maintain and update it manually. This takes both an initial investment as well as time and labor costs over time. Costs for a cloud-based ERP are typically less because you do not have to pay for and maintain expensive servers and updates to the system are made automatically.
2. Faster implementation – According to a recent SAP article, it typically takes one-quarter of the time to implement a cloud-based ERP solution than an on-premise one. This is because a cloud-based ERP is already set up with preset modules and ready to use – an SMB can expect integration to be quick and painless, with little to no disruption of service.
3. Streamlined processes and operations – By bringing together all the data from various departments and updating that data in real-time, everyone is working with the same – and most current – information. Employees can only access specific data according to their role, and as work is completed it is queued into the next step of the business process; this keeps crucial business processes moving forward.
4. Increased security – A cloud-based ERP offers several layers of encryption for enhancing the security levels of business-critical, confidential data, ensuring the data is stored securely. Cloud storage, in general, provides more redundancy via worldwide data centers to effectively back up data and enable highly effective disaster recovery services.
5. Easily accessible for remote workers – In a world where businesses are increasingly dependent upon a remote workforce, having your ERP in the Cloud means that remote workers can always quickly and easily access the information they need to do their jobs, from any location, 24/7/365, with just an internet connection.
6. Improved analytics – Reliable, accurate, real-time analytics are vital to improving profits and efficiencies, determining what is working well and what is not, and providing predictions to drive future growth. Cloud-based ERP systems provide embedded analytics and reporting so you can gain valuable insights that help your business operate at peak performance.
7. Scalable – Operating your ERP in the Cloud allows you to easily expand infrastructure, add new ERP services as needed and respond quickly to increased demand for performance or capacity.
8. Future ready – With features like machine-learning enabled processes, integrated business intelligence, and the ability to adapt to new opportunities, a cloud-based ERP system can give your SMB a competitive edge and help guide you into the future. No need to keep reinvesting in hardware or new systems – on the Cloud, your ERP will always be the latest version.
SAP has been a dominating force in ERP technology since 1972 and has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end enterprise application software, database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. A top cloud company with over 200 million users worldwide, SAP helps businesses of all sizes and in all industries to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and achieve their purpose.
Dobler Consulting specializes in SAP applications and products. Our team can help your SMB implement the right ERP solution for your business and have you up and running quickly and without disruption. Contact us to learn how to capitalize on the many benefits of an SAP ERP.
Dobler Consulting LLC is a leading provider of database services, premier software development, and information technology support, servicing clients ranging from small businesses to FORTUNE companies across multiple industry verticals. For more information about how Dobler Consulting can help you design your data analysis strategy, visit DoblerConsulting.com or call us at +1 (813) 322-3240.