In today’s challenging technology environment it is important to keep up the skills and learn new trades along the way. In my opinion there’s no substitute for hands on experience. Step by step instructions are a great way to get hands on experience.
For quite a while I had a couple of Sybase Replication Server step by step instructions on my company’s website ( www.doblerconsulting.com ). Unfortunately these were static pages and nobody could leave any messages. I transferred these pages to a blog format that allows anybody to leave comments, suggestions, feedback and of course, corrections, in case I messed up.
http://www.doblerconsulting.com is the new home for step by step instructions on various technology topics. As I mentioned before, the first few entries are focused around Sybase Replication Server. The basic concept is to provide information on new technology that can be easily reproduced in a test environment. Although these instructions are very detailed, they are for demonstration purposes only.
Here are a few topics that I plan to release soon:
- Step by step installation of Oracle 11g RAC on Red Hat Linux 5
- Step by step installation of Sybase ASE 15 Cluster Edition on SuSe Linux 10
- How to integrate MS SQL Server Reporting Services with SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
- How to activate PDF search in SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
- A collection of hard to find SharePoint (MOSS) 2007 fixes and workarounds (based on lessons I’ve learned with MOSS 2007)
- Sybase Replication Server Expert Tips (a collection of real life Sybase Replication Server how to scripts)
Once I started to post step by step instructions on how to effectively use LinkedIn tools on this blog, I got several requests from readers to write more step by step instructions on a variety of topics. If you have any requests or suggestions on what you like to read about, please leave a comment on this post.
I am looking forward to read your comments, suggestions and critics as well.