Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) is a fantastic suite of applications to enable management of enterprise level operations. This comprehensive application suite does just that, providing clients with an end-to-end solution to accounting, HR, inventory and process management, and much more. With such a robust suite of tools, concerns about navigation and data visibility are always at the forefront. That is not an issue for Oracle EBS. With the addition of the Enterprise Command Center, this suite is more accessible than ever.
Introduction of the Enterprise Command Center - In October last year, Oracle announced the release of the Enterprise Command Center (ECC) to improve reporting and navigation for their E-Business Suite. The ECC improves visibility and data navigation through tools and drill down dashboards that go to the transactional level. This represents the most comprehensive reporting tool to date, and significantly improves utilization of the application suite. Some of the best news about this release is that it comes without additional licensing fees. Anyone with an EBS license can begin using ECC free of charge. It is compatible with versions 12.2.4 and above.
Additional Enhancements to ECC - As part of the ECC rollout plan, Oracle announced several enhancements due to be released throughout 2019. The recent release of 19 command centers and 62 dashboards significantly increases the scope of the service. These tools are fully compatible with Oracle E-Business Suite ERP and SCM applications. Let’s take a look at some of the features found in this newest release.
Overview of Additional Command Centers
• Financials – From assets to payables, the financials additions bring visibility and actionable data discovery to help reduce account delinquency, optimize cash flow, manage payables, improve forecasting, increase revenue, and much more. This suite of 7 Command Centers will have you managing your financials with a breeze.
o Oracle Receivables Command Center
o Oracle iReceivables Command Center
o Oracle Channel Revenue Management Command Center
o Oracle Payables Command Center
o Oracle Assets Command Center
o Oracle Incentive Compensation Command Center
o Oracle Lease and Finance Management Command Center
• Order Management and Logistics – The newest addition to order management and logistics features 2 command centers to improve order management, including order flow, release, and transportation, thereby improving the customer experience and revenue stream.
o Oracle Order Management Command Center
o Oracle Inventory Management Command Center
• Procurement and Projects – This section features 3 command centers targeted toward project management, contract management, and procurement. These additions will facilitate budget and accounting management as well as contract compliance, communication, and feedback.
o Oracle iProcurement Consumer-like Shopping
o Oracle Projects Command Center
o Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management for Public Sector Command Center
• Manufacturing – Manufacturing is all about juggling risk vs reward, and these command centers will improve managing this balance with additional visibility into operations, process controls, cost management, and material supply needs. Easily manage customer expectations while streamlining the manufacturing processes and consolidating management of outsourced resources.
o Oracle Discrete Manufacturing Command Center
o Oracle Process Manufacturing Command Center
o Oracle Outsourced Manufacturing Command Center
o Oracle Cost Management Command Center
• Asset Lifecycle and Service – Focus on improving customer satisfaction with these 3 command centers that will enable management of contract renewal, client service requests, and work order needs. Prioritizing your asset management is about visibility and accessibility.
o Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Command Center
o Oracle Service Contracts Command Center
o Oracle Service Command Center
Enterprise level management needs enterprise level visibility. Oracle E-Business Suite continues to improve that visibility with its new Enterprise Command Center for ERP and SCM applications. Take control of your data with tools that work for you.
Dobler Consulting LLC is a leading provider of database services, premier software development, and information technology support, servicing clients ranging from small businesses to FORTUNE companies across multiple industry verticals. For more information about how Dobler Consulting can help you design and maintain your Oracle EBS strategy, visit DoblerConsulting.com or call us at +1 (813) 322-3240 (US) /+1 (416) 646-0651 (Canada).
Source: Oracle. “Announcing New and Enhanced Oracle Enterprise Command Centers.” April 16, 2019.