- Add the SQL Admin for this SQL Server to the farm administrators of the SharePoint farm. This is important to connect to SharePoint farm with the Reporting Services.
- Install SQL Server Reporting Services on one SharePoint Farm server.
- Install the Reporting Services SharePoint Add-ins. In this case rsSharePoint_x64.msi.
If you get errors during installation, you can run Setup in files-only mode, and then run a custom actions executable after the files are copied to the server. To install the Reporting Services Add-in in files-only mode, do the following:
Run rsSharePoint_x64.msi SKIPCA=1. A files-only installation runs the Installation Wizard.
Find the rsCustomAction.exe file on the file system. This file is copied to your computer by the Setup program. The file will be located in the %Temp% directory.
To get the path information for this file, click Start, click Run, and then type %temp%. The file should be located in Documents and Settings<your name>LOCALS~1Temp.
Open a command prompt window. To do this, click Start, click Run, and type cmd.
Navigate to the folder that contains the rsCustomAction executable.
Enter the following command. This configuration step will take several minutes to complete. The W3SVC service will be restarted during this process.rsCustomAction.exe /i
- Configure Reporting Services:
- Create the service account
- Change the default web port to 8081 to avoid port conflicts with the SharePoint websites. Reporting Services uses its own IIS server.
- Create a new database in SharePoint mode, use the service account as the credential
- Stop and restart Reporting Services
- Login to SharePoint Admin Console
- Activate Reporting Services Site Feature
- Select Application Management
- Select Reporting Services
- a. Add SQL Server Admin as activation credential
- b. Add the Web Service URL to the configuration
- c. Select Trusted Account as Authentication Mode
- Install Reporting Services Web Parts with
stsadm -o addwppack -filename "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SQL Server100ToolsReporting ServicesSharePoint RSWebParts.cab"
Don’t forget to deploy the solution.
- Test the Reporting services by loading the URL http://SharePointSrv:8081/ReportServer_SQLPROD
There you have it.